Our Commitment To Privacy
We, CL Yachts and Cheoy Lee Shipyards Ltd., take the privacy and protection of your personal data seriously. Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining how we collect, process, use, disclose, store and protect your personal data.
Customers and potential customers expect us to accurately store their data, protect the data from manipulation and error, and prevent it from being misappropriated and disclosed without authorization. We comply with all relevant data protection laws and regulations in order to provide security for the data of customers and potential customers, and to ensure that employees comply with strict security and confidentiality standards.
The purpose of this statement is to inform you of the methods and reasons for collecting your personal data, the intended use of the data, the parties to whom your personal data may be transferred, the methods for accessing your personal data, as well as our direct marketing and use of “Cookies” policy. When you access this statement or interact with us through this website, you may be asked to agree to the practices and policies described in this statement; otherwise, using this website means that you accept the practices and policies of this statement. If you object to any practices and policies in this statement, please do not use this website to submit personal information to CL Yachts and Cheoy Lee Shipyards.
We confirm the responsibility for the collection, storage, processing or use of personal data. Your provision of personal information is purely voluntary. You can choose not to provide us with the required personal information, but this may result in us not being able to provide you with information and services or respond to your inquiries.
Methods Of Collecting Personal Data
We will collect and store your personal data as follows:
- Collect directly when you provide us with relevant information (such as when you make an inquiry to us or communicate with us);
- Indirectly through your use of this website, or social media platform; or
- Collected when you provide information to us through any other method.
We will obtain legally collected personal or non-personal data related to you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party data sources. When you visit this website, application or social media platform, we also collect certain information about your computer or other devices.
The personal information we collect may include:
Information that you provide to us
- Your name and contact information (including email, telephone and address)
- Your marketing preferences
- Your payment card number (credit or debit card), bank account number, or other financial account number and account details
- Identity verification information in connection with anti-money laundering requirements and customer due diligence (including where applicable a copy of your passport; utility bills; and/or identity card)
- data relating to your use of our Products (to the extent this constitutes personal information)
- Account log-in information and password
The information that may be provided:
- In the course of communications between you and us (including by phone, email or otherwise).
- When you purchase or subscribe to our products or services.
- In the course of our warranty and after-sales services.
- When you complete our forms (including forms on our website such as arranging VIP tour at yacht show);
- When you attend our boat show stands.
- Through our social media pages, other social media content, tools and applications.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the website you originated from before landing on our website and the website you went to from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Data relating to your use of our products including tracking data from the automatic identification system (AIS) used on our yachts.
Information about Third Parties
In the course of your dealings with us you may provide us with personal information relating to third parties. For example, we may collect personal information about consultants acting on your behalf, for example brokers such as their name and contact details.
Purposes For Collection And Use Of Personal Data
- Fulfilling requests, enquiries, orders and complaints submitted by you, whether online, over the phone or through other channels.
- Using our website and online services.
- Communicating with you and other individuals about our products and products you purchase from CL Yachts Store https://clyachts.com/store/ and to respond to any queries that you submit to us.
- Enforcement of any contract entered into between you and us.
- Processing billing and payment, maintaining a credit history, determining amounts outstanding and where necessary, collection of outstanding payments.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, including (i) for sending or showing you updates on latest news, offers and promotions in connection with our products, services and events (ii) for sending or showing you joint marketing offers about our products, services and events or (iii) for tailoring and tracking your interactions with internet banner advertisement and links from third party websites to our website.
- Keeping in touch with you, including sending you notifications about the management and technical communications of any of your accounts in our company, providing technical support or about future changes to this statement.
- Administering events conducted by us.
- Providing you tailored content and marketing messages through the website or other communication channels.
- Carrying out market research to obtain your feedback on our products, and we may use details of your purchases to understand market trends and to identify popular products and services.
- For our advanced data analysis, data matching, internal business and administrative purposes.
- To monitor your use of the website, applications and social media platforms, and analyze the use of the website to operate, evaluate and improve the website and our services. To understand your preferences and solve any problems.
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations.
- Other purposes notified at the time of collection.
- Other uses directly related to any of the above items.
To Whom We May Disclose Personal Data
We will share your Customer Data with selected third parties in the situations set out below:
- Professional advisers (including auditors), third party service providers, agents or independent contractors, banking providers and payment service providers to support our business.
- Our business alliance partners who may provide their product or service to you.
- Any person to whom disclosure is allowed or required by local or foreign law, regulation or any other applicable instrument.
- Any court, tribunal, regulator, enforcement agency, exchange body, tax authority, or any other authority (including any authority investigating an offence) or their agents.
- Any debt collection agency, credit bureau or credit reference agency, rating agency correspondents, insurer or insurance broker, direct or indirect provider of credit protection and fraud prevention agencies.
- Any financial institution to conduct credit checks, anti-money laundering related checks, for fraud prevention and detection of crime purposes.
International Transfer of Personal Information
Like most international businesses, we have centralized certain aspects of our data processing activities in accordance with applicable laws, which, in many instances, will result in the transfer of your personal information from one country to another. The jurisdictions where that information will be processed may or may not have laws that seek to preserve the privacy of personal information. Nevertheless, whenever your personal information is transferred within CL Yachts and Cheoy Lee Shipyards, your personal information will be processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy and applicable laws.
Additionally, some of the third party suppliers to which we transfer your personal information may be based in different locations, some of which may have lower standards of data protection than in your home country. When we do transfer personal information to such third parties, we ensure appropriate safeguards are in place, and oblige those third parties to protect your personal information in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy, with appropriate security measures.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We use a combination of administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard personal data in its possession against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized loss, use, access, disclosure or modification. We make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of the processing, taking into account the costs of implementation and nature of the processing of personal data. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which it was collected and any other permitted linked purpose (for example where we are required to retain personal data for longer than the purpose for which we originally collected it in order to comply with certain regulatory requirements). Our retention periods are based on business needs and your information that is no longer needed is either irreversibly anonymized (and the anonymized information will be retained) or securely destroyed.
If you use any social media function or platform on this website, the applications we provide, or through social media providers, we may access and collect information about you through the relevant social media providers in accordance with their relevant policies. When using social media functions, we may review and collect information that you choose to provide and include in your social media profile or account, including (but not limited to) your name, gender, date of birth, email address, address, location, etc. According to your privacy settings made by the relevant social media provider, it will be possible to restrict or block our access to the relevant information.
When we collect information from you, we will generally indicate any information that must be provided (that is, information required to establish an account and to enable you to use website functions and obtain any services). You can choose not to provide us with the required personal information, but this may result in us not being able to conduct business with you or respond to your enquiries.
Right To Opt-Out Of Direct Marketing
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by indicating that you do not consent to direct marketing at the point at which we collect your personal data. You may choose not to receive future marketing or advertising emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each marketing or advertising email that you receive from us. Alternatively, you may send us an opt-out request specifying your communications preferences to: email@example.com.
Please note that it may take some time to process your request, consistent with applicable law.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links To Other Websites
We will take reasonable steps to try and ensure that your personal data is accurate. To help us do this, please notify us of any changes to your personal data.
Cheoy Lee Shipyards
89 & 91 Hing Wah West Road,
Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon,
We, CL Yachts and Cheoy Lee Shipyards, reserve the right to add, modify, update or revise this statement at any time and without notice. Therefore, please visit our website from time to time to determine any changes to these terms.